Go Public With LLLT
Although low-level laser therapy is increasingly entering mainstream medicine, it still remains important for physicians, chiropractors, athletic trainers, physical therapists and others using this modality to educate not only their own patients, but also the general public and their local community about how low-level laser therapy works, research on its effectiveness and case studies (with patient permission).
Practitioners should take advantage of any opportunities to present this information as an expert in their community, whether that is through a bylined column, a television interview or a speaking opportunity. Suggested talking points include:
- Low-level laser therapy reduces pain, boosts healing, reduces inflammation, improves circulation and can help with many varied conditions, with no side effects.
- LLLT works by safely and effectively penetrating several inches into the body, where it stimulates cells to help promote healing, inhibits production of inflammatory substances and the nerve's pain signals, dilates the blood vessels, thus improving blood flow and increases seratonin production, which promotes a sense of well-being.
- Studies have found that LLLT can reduce pain in up to 70 percent of patients. It has also been found to shorten healing times by as much as two-thirds (four weeks compared to 12 weeks).
- Benefits can last weeks or months, and LLLT can be used with other treatments, such as physical therapy, anti-inflammatory medications and acupuncture.
- Any relevant case studies that can be shared with patient permission are also highly effective.
For patients with acute or chronic pain, LLLT often is my first choice when it comes to treatment options. Take Susan, for example. This 65-year-old patient had severe bursitis in her hip. She was in so much pain that she had to walk with a cane. Another doctor had recommended a cortisone injection to relieve the pain, but she wanted to see what other treatments were available. There was no question in my mind that LLLT would help her. After just one treatment, her symptoms improved dramatically. After three treatments, she felt so much better and had such increased mobility that she no longer needed the cane.
Here’s another example. Joe, 40 years old, had had acute sinusitis for two days. He was very uncomfortable because of the pressure-like pain in his head. In addition to treating him with nutritional supplements for sinusitis, I also performed a laser treatment. His symptoms cleared up immediately. For the next four hours, mucus drained from his nostrils, relieving his symptoms completely.
This article excerpt, by Mark A. Stengler, NMD, originally appeared here: http://www.bottomlinepublications.com/component/mtree/article/natural-remedies/the-healing-magic-of-laser-light.
Apollo Lasers are powerful, state-of-the-art portable or desktop lasers that reduce pain, inflammation and stimulate healing. The low-level laser technology safely penetrates the skin one to two inches, effectively stimulating regeneration of damaged cells and tissues. This process brings rapid h
... read more